Information Security & Ethical Hacking Programs
What is Information Security and Ethical Hacking?IT Security is a term which is concerned with the protection of hardware, software and a network of an organization, from the perils of disaster and external attacks (through virus, hacking, etc.). It is more to do with the electronic data and is covered in the IT Policy of an organization, in other words, it looks at protecting / safeguarding information and information systems from anyone including employees, consultants, suppliers, customers and of course, malicious hackers.
Why Information Security is must?
After the boom in Networking and Software jobs, the past two years have seen a sharp rise in the field of Information Security, Information Security and Ethical Hacking is the latest buzzword in the industry and not without reason in the past five years the percentage of hacking crimes, data thefts, data losses, viruses and other cyber crimes have increased exponentially.
“NASSCOM predicts requirement of 1,88,000 IT Security
professionals by the year 2008. Currently the number of security
professionals in India is around 22,000”.
Need for Information Security in the Indian market
Security Compliance is must for all companies with IT backbone.
The requirement is high with organizations in IT/ ITES segment.
Information workers lack of basic security knowledge. Information
Security industry is going through an exponential growth rate. Current
worldwide growth rate is billed at 21%. Higher salaries are been offered
to professionals in IT security. Information security industry is
currently over $100 B ($60 B in US, $ 20B UK, $4.5 B Japan, over $1.5 B
Job Opportunities in Information Security and Ethical Hacking
With the sudden boom in the field of Information Security, hot jobs with lucrative pay packets are opening up. The APPIN Program individuals in the domain of network security and enables them to seek jobs in the areas of:
Network Security System Administrator/Manager, Network Security Engineer, Systems/Applications Security Executive, Web security Administrator/Manager, Security Auditor, Ethical Hacker, Data security specialist, Chief Information Security Officer, Computer Forensics Investigator, IT Security Administrator/Consultant/ Manager, Security Certified Programmer, Forensics Investigator etc...
Course Coverage:Information Security & Ethical Hacking
- Desktop & Server Security
- Malwares, LAN Security, & Firewall Security
- Internet Security
- Scanning, Fingerprinting, and Information Gathering
- Technical Attacks & Password Cracking
- Art of Googling and Data Backup
- Penetration Testing and Catching Criminals
- Cryptography, Stenography & Cyber Forensics
- Security Auditing and Cyber Laws
- Mobile Security
- Virtual Private Network Security
- Wireless LAN
- Router Security
- IDS & IPS
- Access Control System
- E-Mail Security
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Advanced Level Registry and Code Security
- Information Security Auditing
- Managing Security Awareness
- Risk Assessment, Business Continuity and Disaster
- Security Management Practices And Framework
- Current Issues and Trends
- Secure Computer Physically
- Computer Forensics
- Basic Steps In Forensics Analysis PF Unix System
- Honey pots
- Cyber Law